The GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) is a portable mini travel router from GL.iNet. It can convert a public network (wired or wireless) into a private Wi-Fi for secure surfing and tethering. The router is powered by any laptop USB, power banks, or 5V/2A DC adapters (sold separately).
It is lightweight at 39g and has dual-band wireless communication standard of 802.11n. The router comes with OpenWrt pre-installed and 128MB RAM, 16MB Flash ROM, dual Ethernet ports, UART, and GPIOs available for hardware DIY. It also has an OpenVPN client pre-installed, which is compatible with 30+ VPN service providers. The package includes the router, USB cable, Ethernet cable, and User Manual. It is recommended to update to the latest firmware.
2. Best Design: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 4G LTE WiFi Mobile Hotspot (MR1100-100NAS)
The NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 4G LTE WiFi Mobile Hotspot (MR1100-100NAS) is a portable wireless router that allows you to share internet access with up to 20 devices. It is unlocked to accept all SIM cards (excluding Sprint legacy network) and works best on AT&T and T-Mobile.
It requires a Nano SIM card from your carrier and activation of a compatible BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) data plan that meets your data needs. The device can achieve download speeds of up to 1Gbps, though speeds may vary based on service and proximity to the nearest cell tower.
It has one USB port for sharing storage for data or personal media streaming with connected wireless devices, a 5040mAH rechargeable battery for all-day use, and a large 2.4-inch LCD screen that displays data usage monitoring, mobile signal strength, and network management information. It also comes with a 1-year limited hardware warranty.
3. Best For Travel: RoamWiFi R10 Portable WiFi 4G Router Mobile Hotspot
The RoamFi RoamWiFi R10 is a portable 4G router mobile hotspot that supports dual-band 802.11ac wireless type. It is compatible with any device with wifi function, and has a recommended use for business, home, travel, etc. It has a built-in 5000mAh battery and can be used for up to 18 hours.
The router comes with 50GB of local data that can be used in the US and 1GB of global data that can be used in over 160 countries and regions. It also allows users to connect and share the network with up to 5 devices at the same time. Additionally, local data packages can be purchased through the RoamWiFi app for use at home. It supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi frequency.
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
When looking to purchase a mobile WiFi router, consider the following factors:
- Network compatibility: Make sure the device is compatible with your preferred cellular network.
- Battery life: Consider how long the battery lasts, as this will determine how long you can use the router before needing to recharge it.
- Number of simultaneous connections: Some routers only allow a few devices to connect at a time, while others can handle many more.
- Size and portability: If you plan to take the router with you on the go, look for a device that is small and easy to carry.
1. Can I use a mobile WiFi router with any device?
Most mobile WiFi routers are compatible with any device that has WiFi capability.
2. How do I set up a mobile WiFi router?
The setup process will vary depending on the specific router, but typically involves turning on the device, connecting it to a cellular network, and then connecting other devices to the router.
3. How long does the battery last on a mobile WiFi router?
Battery life will vary depending on the specific router, usage and settings.
A mobile WiFi router is a useful device for anyone who needs to stay connected while on the go. By considering factors such as network compatibility, battery life, and portability, you can find the best mobile wifi router that meets your needs.