1. Best Overall: Google Wifi - AC1200 - Mesh WiFi System - Wifi Router
Google Wifi is a mesh WiFi system that provides coverage for up to 4500 sq ft. It includes 3 routers that work together to create a mesh network for maximum coverage. The system is easy to set up and use, and can be controlled with the Google Home app. It also has parental controls, allowing you to manage screen time and restrict certain kinds of content. Additionally, it works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system.
2. Best Easy To Control: TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System (Deco S4)
The TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System (Deco S4) is a 3-pack of wireless router units that work together to create a seamless and stable WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5,500 square feet. The Deco S4 uses dual-band 802.11ac wireless communication standard and has Gigabit ports. It is compatible with all WiFi enabled devices and is recommended for home use.
The system includes three Deco S4 units, one RJ45 Ethernet cable, three power adapters, and a quick installation guide. It is easy to set up and use with the Deco app and can be controlled with Alexa voice commands. The system also includes robust parental controls and supports wired Ethernet backhaul for better speeds. It works with all internet service providers, but a modem is typically required.
3. Best Long Range Coverage: NETGEAR Orbi Quad-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System (RBKE963)
The NETGEAR Orbi Quad-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System (RBKE963) is a router and satellite extender system that provides coverage up to 9,000 sq. ft. and supports up to 200 devices at once. It uses 802.11ax and 802.11ac wireless communication standards, and is compatible with devices such as gaming consoles, tablets, smart TVs, and smartphones. The system has a total WiFi speed of 10.8Gbps, including a new 6GHz band for high-performance WiFi 6E devices.
It also features exclusive Quad-Band technology for dedicated WiFi band connections and Gigabit+ speeds throughout the home. It is compatible with internet service plans up to 10Gbps, and can be set up easily with the Orbi App. The system also includes NETGEAR Armor for security and Smart Parental Controls for managing internet habits.
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
When shopping for the best coverage wifi router, consider the following factors:
- Size of your space: A router with a high range is necessary if you have a larger home or office.
- Number of devices: If you have many wifi-enabled devices, look for a router with a high number of simultaneous connections.
- Speed: Look for a router that supports the fastest internet speeds available in your area.
- Security features: Look for routers with built-in security features such as a firewall and WPA2 encryption.
1. Can I use an old router as a wifi extender?
Some routers can be configured as wifi extenders, but not all. You should check the user manual or contact the manufacturer to see if your router can be configured as an extender.
2. How often do I need to replace my router?
The lifespan of a router can vary, but a good rule of thumb is to replace it every 3-4 years.
3. How can I improve the coverage of my wifi router?
There are several ways to improve wifi coverage, such as moving the router to a central location, using wifi extenders, and reducing interference from other electronic devices.
The best coverage wifi router is essential for maintaining a strong and reliable internet connection throughout your home or office. When shopping for a router, consider the size of your space, number of devices, internet speed, and security features. If you experience poor coverage, there are several ways to improve it, including moving the router and using wifi extenders.